#1 Question I get asked all the time is…how to eat and enjoy yourself during the holidays or any party without gaining weight? The first thing to know is that you have to PLAN AHEAD…if you know you are going to a special event/party/holiday party etc. you MUST Plan in Advance….
1. Workout that morning! Working out the same day will help you gain energy for the rest of the day as well as boost your metabolism and control your appetite. Making time for your workout will set your whole day up for success!! Traditionally if you skip your workout, you feel tired and lethargic all day….which in turn can also cause you to make unwise eating decisions come party time
2. Eat Balanced Meals every 3 hours up till the Event: In theory, you may think that you do this but usually your eating/workout schedule can be thrown off around the holidays or special events. Make the TIME to eat a balance of protein to carb ratio in small portions every 3 hours up until the event – I know some people think “I’m not going to eat until the event because I want to SAVE my calories” but actually that is the WORST IDEA because what happens is by the time you make it the event – you are STARVING!!! You probably have a headache from hunger and your appetite and cravings are so out of control you start to eat everything in sight!!! Your metabolism is off, your blood sugars are off, energy is low and you try to feel better by eating something you probably wouldn’t have had you “prepared” ahead of time.
3. Have 1 Meal Replacement Shake the day of: Meal Replacement Shakes help in so many ways – they curb your sweet tooth!! And most likely the party you are going to has cake, ice cream and more…so I’m not saying you can’t have a piece of cake, but I am saying that if I have a chocolate/banana/peanut butter Shakeology before I go the party – I am much more likely to say No Thanks OR have ONE small piece. Meal Replacement Shakes control your appetite and fill your stomach up as well.
4. Bring a Healthy Dish: If you know your family and/or friends are not going to have too much for you to select from for healthy choices…then bring your own dish!!! That way you are guaranteed to be off to a Great Start!!
5. Choose Healthy Options: Ok so I know there is everything and anything at parties!! Now if this is NOT your Cheat Day – here is what I suggest: Start w/ the Veggie Tray and Fruit Tray for appetizers, they are usually at EVERY PARTY!! Grab a bottle of water to stay hydrated. Main Dish – Fill your plate with lean proteins like fish, turkey, chicken or lean red meat if you choose AND Veggies / Salad!! FILL your plate w/these and leave a small amount of room for all the “other stuff”….so if you are going to have the pasta salad, potato salad, cheesy casseroles etc its a SMALL amount that you can barely fit a spoon full on your plate. Oh and ONE plate, no seconds 🙂
6. ONE Cheat Day – If this is your cheat day….definitely TREAT yourself!!! but know that you get ONE cheat day and this is it…so whether that is cake and ice cream, alcohol or cheeseburgers?? It’s up to you…I guarantee if you start to “EAT CLEAN” 6 days a week and have ONE CHEAT DAY A WEEK, once you eat the JUNK it doesn’t event taste good anymore because your body starts to reject it….at least that has been my experience especially when I started Shakeology.
So remember, its ok to Treat yourself and NOT feel guilty….but in moderation
Life is full of Parties, Birthdays, Weddings & Holidays – you want to enjoy yourself and you should….but remember that doesn’t always have to be with “food”
And if you do cheat yourself silly, and we all have :)) You can always go on the 3 day Shakeology Cleanse on Monday and lose the pounds!
**If you would like help with your Fitness Program, Nutrition, Weight Loss etc. Please CONTACT ME below or in the INBOX on the Right and I will Coach you to Success**