10 REASONS WHY GROUP FITNESS INSTRUCTORS BENEFIT FROM JOINING BEACHBODY as a COACH
Before I start…please know that I have been a Group Fitness Instructor for 17 years, a Presenter for Powder Blue Productions for 7 years, a Beachbody Coach for 4 years and have held every role in the Fitness Industry at some point!!! If you are a Group Fitness Instructor, Personal Trainer or are thinking about becoming one…READ THIS:
1. Instructors LOVE FITNESS: Fitness Professionals do what they do because it’s their PASSION!!!! WE LOVE it and most of us are not in it for the money, but simply because it makes us feel GREAT!!
Coaching is a natural extension of what you already do – just like teaching classes with Beachbody you are running small “Challenge Groups” but all ONLINE!
2. Instructors WORK FOR FREE: Ahhh did I just say that?!!! YES I did!! Let’s be honest….by the time you buy the shoes, the clothes, the music, choreography, instructor trainings, ceu’s (I could keep going) its a wash…right? Now you might be the exception to this rule but for most of us, this is the case. BUT..you know what…WHO CARES!!!! WE LOVE TEACHING and most of us would DO IT FOR FREE!!!! But just because you would doesn’t mean you HAVE TO!!
Coaching allows you to still teach classes but build an additional income in fitness doing exactly what you love!! Better yet, this business is built ONLINE which means physically you are giving your body a break 🙂 And again let’s be honest…when you are over teaching too many classes you start to go through burn out…teach just the classes you love and give them 100%!!!
3. Instructors already HAVE A NETWORK: As an Instructor, you are a Motivator! A Leader! You are on “a stage” every single class inspiring people to get healthy & fit! Your “posse” already wants to know what you eat, what you do for your workouts and if you have tips for them to lose the final weight. Does this sound familiar?
Coaching is your OWN Fitness Business…and with any business you have to start with CUSTOMERS. In this instance, customers who are interested in losing weight, improving their health/fitness, energy, digestion etc. YOU are surrounded by people who already LOOK TO YOU as a ROLE MODEL for fitness and TRUST your OPINION> Sounds like a great starting foundation to me!
4. Get in the BEST SHAPE of YOUR Life: Let’s be frank again…as Instructors we tend to put all our focus on our students. Again maybe this isn’t you….but most of us tend to put our workouts on the back burner because we are teaching so many classes, have injuries or simply burn out. We are so focused on helping our students that we start to forget about ourselves….even if it is the last 5-10 lbs
Beachbody will get you in the BEST SHAPE of your Life at any age!!! #1 Shakeology will change your life (I’ve personally lost 20lbs after struggling 4ever) You are OVERTRAINING and your body is DEPLETED…simply put, Shakeology will fuel your body properly and you will naturally eat less, gain energy, drop the detoxed junk out of your system and CURB your cravings of CARBS/SUGARS (bcz you are depleted!!!) #2 This will be your Business and you will want to be a walking billboard of a Success Story!!! Coaching will FORCE you to put YOU FIRST and gain your BEST YOU BACK with the BEST Workouts and Supplements in Fitness (at discount not to mention)
5. Let’s HELP MORE PEOPLE: We are driven by helping people!! Right now you are making a positive impact on the people that you are coming in direct contact with…in your classes / bootcamps / training sessions…that is a SMALL NUMBER of people! How can you help MORE people?
Coaching allows you to help ANYONE ANYWHERE!! Because this is an online business, you can run Challenge Groups with your Facebook Friends that live in another state (for example). People that are inspired by you, want to take class with you but simply don’t live near you 🙂
6. Help People FIND THE MISSING LINK: I’m a firm believer that to truly SEE RESULTS you must include all aspects of Fitness: Working Out (Cardio & Strenth), Eating Clean (Supplements as well) and Accountability!! Think about why MOST PEOPLE are working out and still NOT losing weight….WHY the people you see in class every week still look the same but want to change….
Coaching will allow you to simply help people find the MISSING LINK for them to TRULY SEE RESULTS!!! Are they working out but not eating right? Are they doing cardio but no resistance training? Is their diet so terrible they are tired, sluggish and don’t even know where to start? You may be giving TIPS right now, but imagine having REAL TOOLS to truly be able to help them…tools they can gain through you!
7. Instructors can get CERTIFIED TO TEACH P90X & Coming Soon – Insanity & Brazil Butt Lift!!! YES you heard that right, Beachbody is expanding their Group Fitness Formats! This means these formats will be open for certification to teach in the gym setting!! With P90X and Insanity literally airing 3 x a day, you have BRAND RECOGNITION!! OPPORTUNITY to REACH MORE PEOPLE
If you are going to get certified to teach these formats, why wouldn’t you be a Coach???
8. Instructors DESERVE TO SAVE $$: As a Coach you will get a 25% discount on all products – Workouts, Shakeology & Nutritional Supplements (you are probably paying full price for some of this now at your nutritional store)
9. Instructors dream of OPENING their OWN BUSINESS: Disclaimer – again maybe this isn’t you…but after working with thousands of Fitness Professionals over the years, most of them will say their #1 Goal is to open a Studio/Gym!!
HELLO I KNOW Because this was ME!!!! but not anymore…
Coaching allows you to have your own business WITHOUT the RISK of starting your own from the ground up…no loan from the bank…no leaving your full time job…no debt going into opening this and definitely not the normal 2 years to pay yourself back! Its a Business “in a box”, think of it as a “franchise” (even though its NOT) You receive everything you need to KNOW and LEARN to be successful without the GUESSWORK…including the BRAND NAMES of P90X, Insanity, Turbo Fire & More!
10. Instructors can make a FULL TIME INCOME doing what they LOVE: Most instructors work full time and teach classes on the side for fun. Not really looking it as a “job”. But WHAT IF you could do WHAT YOU LOVE and build a full time income??
Beachbody is a $600 MILLION COMPANY!!! The Coaching Business is a lucrative opportunity for those that are looking to go BIG…
check out the FACTS:
AVERAGE ANNUAL INCOMES WORKING IN FITNESS: ACE 2010 SALARIES
Group Fitness Instructor $32,000
Personal Trainer $42,000
Fitness Director $41,000
Beachbody Coaches: BASED ON RANK
Most Coaches work 10 hours a week***
2009 – Beachbody
Coach Rank Average Annual Income
Emerald Rank $2751.00
Ruby Rank $9094.00
Diamond $21,966.00 (approx $400/week)
STAR DIAMOND $164,166 – $930,000!!
So there you have it…10 REASONS why you should at least LOOK INTO aligning with Beachbody, how it can benefit your career and your future!!! Watch the video below if you would like to see more.
Email me at www.kristinasullins.com if you have questions or would like to JOIN MY TEAM!!! I would love to help you GET STARTED on this AMAZING PATH!!!
**Beachbody does not guarantee any level of success or income from the Team Beachbody Coach Opportunity. Each Coach’s income depends on his or her own efforts, diligence, and skill. See our Statement of Independent Coach Earnings located in the Coach Online Office for the most recent information on our Coaches’ actual incomes.
Once you receive your Brand NEW Turbo Kick Round in the mail, where do you event START to begin to learn the choreography? This is one of the questions Turbo Kick Instructors ask me daily!!! Well…I believe it is different for everyone and you have to find YOUR WAY of learning it, but I’m going to share with you HOW I LEARN and MEMORIZE the Round in less than 2 days!!! I just received Round 50 yesterday and I am going to teach it TONIGHT!!! Now remember I have been teaching Turbo Kick for 8 years!!!! So it takes time to learn them this fast….but you will!! BE PERSISTENT!!!
Step 1: Listen to the CD in my car to get familiar with the music! (Remember the music on the dvd is DIFFERENT then the CD due to licensing fees)
Step 2: Watch the PREVIEW SECTION – I have a blank notebook, pen and choreography liner notes in front of me. I just WATCH and WRITE out the CHOREOGRAPHY in my own words…I do NOT do the workout at this point. Writing it out helps you memorize it and makes it easier to learn because you understand your own “terminology”
Step 3: Watch the WORKOUT – I watch the workout section and visually match it up to my notes to make sure I understand what I wrote! I mainly study the BASIC LAYERS (3-4 moves in a song) and write the advanced layers off to the side (If I plan to teach them in later weeks…this is up to you and the level of your class)
Step 4: DO THE WORKOUT!!! So this is usually the next day for me. I’ve had to time to let the choreography sync in my head, now I do the workout straight through from warm – up to finale with the DVD
Step 5: PUT THE CD IN and DO THE CHOREOGRAPHY from my own NOTES!!!! I do one section at a time to memorize it and MATCH it to the music! And I personally learn the TURBO SECTION LAST!!!! It’s usually the hardest part for me to memorize and I dont want it to slow me down, so I learn everything else 1st then go back to it!!!
PRACTICE – PRACTICE – PRACTICE!!!! AT this point, I pretty much know it now I just need to MEMORIZE IT!! So I continue to practice the Chor to the CD, listen to the CD in the car and match the moves and then practice in the mirror without notes right before class!!!!
EXTRA TIPS – Set a GOAL DATE!!!! When I receive the Round I tell myself, I’m teaching this on _______. That holds me accountable to learn it faster!!! Also, keep your notes with you and if you need to look at them, that’s ok!!! We all forget the material the first few times…the main thing is to keep YOUR EYES on you students and have FUN!!!
COMMENT BELOW or MESSAGE ME with any questions!
Interested in becoming a Turbo Kick Instructor? Visit Chalene Johnson’s Website – Powder Blue Productions www.turbokick.com
As a Group Fitness Instructor for 15+ years, a previous Group Fitness Director over multiple facilities for 10 years and a Presenter for Powder Blue Productions for 6 years…I have a load of EXPERIENCE in hiring, training and developing Instructors!! Besides all of my own personal auditions, I’ve trained hundreds of students on how to make the leap from student to instructor and NAIL THE GROUP FITNESS AUDITION!! Here are my TOP TIPS:
1. Do Your Homework- Research the Club you will be auditioning at. Look to see if your favorite format is offered, what other classes on the schedule can you also teach and what classes are you interested to LEARN how to teach. What are the most popular classes on the schedule and why? If your favorite format is NOT on the schedule, be prepared to PRESENT it to the GX Director with Passion!! They may not be familiar with it and you will need send them more info including a website, youtube video etc. They may also be resistant to offering a new format – be ready to show them how it can compliment an existing class…yet still build numbers!
2. What to Bring- Copies of your Primary Group Fitness Certification/ CPR / Additional Trainings, Certifications, Workshops attended (this info may be emailed ahead of time but always have it on you just in case)
3. Dress to Impress- Bring your A GAME!! This is a job interview and you still want to STAND OUT as a Fitness Professional! Wear a zip up jacket that you can remove when you start to workout…followed with your BEST workout attire to teach class in. Think of all the details including shoes, hair & make up (ladies) to polish off your professional look! Greet the Director with a SMILE, EYE CONTACT and a Confident Handshake!! They are looking for PEOPLE FRIENDLY Stand Outs…that’s YOU!! Make a Great First Impression and sometimes thats within the first 11 seconds that someone meets you!!
4. Time to Shine- When it is time to Audition, take the floor and OWN IT!! Show your Passion for teaching in every step that you take! KNOW your material and practice ahead of time. Directors are looking for Confidence, Musicality, Cueing Skills, Energy & Enthusiasm, Knowledge on Form/Technique and Modifications to name a few. You will have less than 5 minutes to put it all together…do your BEST, have FUN and be YOU x 10!! Recognize that there are areas that you may need to work on, be OPEN to feedback and let the GX Director know you are willing to LEARN & TRAIN with them to get better…that goes a long way!
5. Be Flexible – You may want the prime time FAV CLASS at 6pm on Monday Nights but instead the only classes that are available are friday nights and early mornings…everyone starts in the same place and in the beginning you need to take what you can get and just GET IN! Let the Director know you are free to sub, interested in learning more formats and open to new time slots as they become available. THINK – How can I help? If you show flexibility in your schedule and a willingness to learn, you will be considered even if you are NEW! Share your Passion and communicate you’re willing to do what it takes to improve your skills….that’s how you get your foot in the door!
Overall be YOU!! Make a Great First Impression and EXUDE Passion for what you love – teaching!!!
Good Luck!! Let me know if you have any questions!
After you have attended a full day Turbo Kick Instructor Training, now what? It’s Time to LEARN THE CHOREOGRAPHY and Jump Start your potential to start teaching this format!
Here are My Top 3 Tips!!
Message Me if you have further questions ~
Hope this helps!!
I’ve been in the Fitness Industry for over 15 years…here are my thoughts on WHY you should take a look at the Multi-Million Dollar Fitness Company – Beachbody – as an additional resource for you to build your career in Fitness!!
Want more information?
Watch a Full Presentation hosted by our Team – http://www.instantpresenter.com/WebConference/RecordingDefault.aspx?c_psrid=E951D785864D
or – Contact Me Directly, I’d love to chat with you!!!
If you have followed my story, you may know me as a Fitness Instructor, a Turbo Kick Presenter, a Motivator, a Wife…and I am…I am all those things but what I didn’t even know about myself until most recently is that I have become a Life Changer!!
3 years ago I wouldn’t have ever thought that my life would take the turn that it did…but it has…and a lot of it is due to having my MIND in the right place!! I did receive an Amazing Opportunity that could change my life, but if my MIND wasn’t in the right place to RECEIVE & ACCEPT IT I’m not sure the end result would still be the same. I have read “The Secret” along with many other Personal Development books designed to help me become the BEST PERSON that I can be. I recently read a quote by Jim Rohn “Work harder on yourself than you do on your Job…Work your Job and Earn a Living, Work on Yourself and Earn a Fortune!! —- The Secret ~ Your Life becomes what you Think about Most of the Time… What are you thinking about most of the time? Who are you spending most of your time with? Because the Top 5 People you spend the MOST TIME with is the end result of who you become….wow!!!
I invite you read and watch my story…after Struggle comes Opportunity…the question is are you READY to Embrace It? It might be your one chance to Change Your Life…I have done “it” and the only way I can possibly say Thank You is to LEAD OTHERS on the same path…I want to help as many people as I can to do the same – find Happiness, Success, Passion & Financial Hope…your Someday just might be Today…its 100% up to you!!
3 Years ago I signed up to start my own Fitness Business as a Rep for the Company that produces P90X, Insanity, Hip Hop Abs, Turbo Fire & More! Basically I’m a Resource helping people find a SOLUTION to Weight Loss, Fitness, Health & Finances…I decided to sign up because of a couple of reasons—
#1 I love TURBO!!! & Believe in the product 110%
#2 I LOVE Helping People get Healthy & Fit – and with “Beachbody” its easy because the products are INCREDIBLE and they are already in place!! I’m NOT the fitness professional, I’m simply the customer saying hey you should try this, its worked for me & I know it can for you too!!
#3 It’s Online Marketing!! YES I am working my fitness business via social media sites like Facebook, Blogging and more…why? This is where most people are hanging out so why not? Its also makes it 10x easier for me to meet new people and build relationships quickly….and if you think this is “sales”, its not!! It’s building & mentoring a team of people who share the same goals!
#4 I had faith in my Leadership–My Coach is a 25 Star Diamond Level Coach & she LEADS US to Success!! How? A Business Plan is in place all I had to do is LEARN IT and PLUG IN…Webinars, Team Calls & Videos at my fingertips!
#5 Financial Freedom~ Yes this is REAL!! By helping people DO THE SAME THING I AM DOING…the Beachbody Business Plan sets you up for success based on your Goals & Time Comittment…I am working on a 6 figure salary in 3 years…this is a business that is Part-Time that you will do on the side from your full time J.O.B but can and will set you up for the rest of your life….!!!!!
It’s Real, I know it because it’s happening to me!! I LOVE IT, I’m ADDICTED to it!! I LOVE TURBO — But what I Love even more is helping others FIND this business and SHOW them HOW they can Change Their Life the same way…..put fear aside…if you don’t do something DIFFERENT, your life will continue on the same path that it is on….take a minute and think about it…WHAT IF you made a decision TODAY to start something for your FUTURE NOW, where will your life be in 2012? 2013?
What would happen if you FOCUSED in a New Direction…
Contact Me (in the upper right hand) and let’s chat…it’s never too late to start!!! I would be honored to have you on my team!!!!!
PiYo is a Cardio & Core Conditioning Mind/Body Format using Yoga & Pilates “Inspired” Movements that incorporates Functional and Plyometric Training choreographed to Music!! This workout is HOT!! The moves are intense, the music is upbeat and fun and the workout is hard-core!! Expect to improve Strength, Core Stability, Balance and Flexibility. It is for ALL LEVELS and can be modified to suit any group.
Today we focused on HOW To Learn to Teach this Format and Become a Trained Instructor in PiYo. We focused on the foundation of Pilates and Yoga as well as Form/Technique, Breathing, Modifications, Choreography, Cueing and More!! For most of them, this was their 1st Live PiYo Class so they probably didn’t know quite what to expect….but I think they LOVED it!!
If you are looking to become an Instructor or would just love to attend the training to be able to purchase the at home workouts…Visit Turbo Kick for a training near you. Or if you live in Illinois, click on my Instructor Trainings tab above…I look forward to sharing this incredible workout w/ you!!
Fitness Instructors & Personal Trainers are people who have chosen a career path that they have a GREAT PASSION for!! But WHY does that mean that they have to earn less? One of the questions I get asked all the time is….HOW can I make a Full Time Income as a Group Fitness Instructor/ Personal Trainer either by doing more or supplementing with another area of fitness?
Before I answer that, let me tell you a bit about my history…
Who am I: I’ve been a Group Fitness Instructor for 15 years, a Presenter for Chalene Johnson’s Company for 5 years – Powder Blue Productions – including Turbo Kick, PiYo & Hip Hop Hustle as well as a Continuing Education Provider for ACE & AFAA within those formats. I’ve been a Club Manager for Women’s Fitness Clubs for over 10 years including many different positions: District Management, Group Fitness Director for 9 clubs & Fitness Director in charge of Personal Training. I now have my own home based business: Online Marketing in the Fitness Industry. I share this with you to let you in on my experience in many different areas of Fitness…
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Teaching Group Fitness Classes!!! As do ALL Instructors, we CHOOSE to Motivate everyone in our class to not only get a great workout but to teach them that Fitness can be FUN!! It is the HIGHLIGHT of my day!! And if my body could handle it, I probably would teach full-time…but not only is not good for my body to overtrain but its also not fair to my students to burn out on them & not deliver the BEST CLASS! Instructors teach on average 5-10 classes a week and Personal Trainers are in demand at peak times of the day: mornings, evenings and weekends. Both of these situations explain why it is a CHALLENGE to Build a Full Time Income as an Instructor or Personal Trainer.
In fact, most Instructors & PT’s work full time and do fitness on the side. But so many of us STRIVE to be able to do our PASSION full time!!! So, is it possible? What are the Options?
Let’s start with looking at what some of the different positions in Fitness and the Average Salaries…
Options to Make More Income in Fitness:
- Learning to teach an additional format such as Pilates, Yoga, Turbo Kick, Hip Hop Hustle, PiYo, Strength, Zumba may bring your current hourly rate up (depending on the facility) or give you the opportunity to work more hours as an Instructor!
- If you are a Group Fitness Instructor, you may consider studying for your Personal Training Certification (or vice versa) Personal Training allows you to work more hours and gives your body a physical break.
- Club Managers and Owners traditionally make a good salary but they do work long hours due to the responsibility of the staff and team Goals. If you love leading a Team and are a Goal Oriented Individual, this may be of interest to you!
- Most Fitness Directors teach or train in addition to their required hours to make an additional $5,000-$10,000/yr. to their salary.
- Becoming a Presenter in your favorite format is another option to add additional income & share with others what you LOVE!! Powder Blue Productions offers a Training called: All Star Presenter Camp to prepare you for becoming a Presenter or just a ROCK STAR Instructor!!
Another option is “Coaching” You may have heard of an Opportunity Beachbody, the Multi-Million Dollar Fitness Company, has created for individuals to become Reps for their products including P90X, Turbo Fire, Insanity & More! This is an Online Marketing Business helping people Get Healthy & Fit by simply “recommending” their products and more importantly…building a Team! It is an opportunity for anyone (not just fitness professionals) but honestly it’s what Instructors & Personal Trainers DO EVERYDAY ALREADY!! It was a natural fit for me because I love to help & motivate people live a better life….and I could build it as BIG as I want!!! Ultimately I always wanted to have my own BUSINESS but Financially it was Impossible….NOW I do have my own Business, Schedule my own hours and work for MYSELF all while making a full time income!! I think its GREAT and the financial opportunities are INCREDIBLE!! Not to mention you also receive 25% off all the products, SWEET!
December 29, 2008–December 30, 2009 – Beachbody
Coach Rank Average Annual Income
Emerald Rank $2751.00
Ruby Rank $9094.00
Diamond $21,966.00 (approx $400/week)
STAR DIAMOND $164,166 – $930,000!!
***Ranks are based on the level you are at in the business. I hit Diamond Rank in 12 months and Star Diamond in 24 months, and I’m still climbing!!
Chalene Johnson: Turbo Fire & Coaching Opportunity!!
Resources to Get Certified as a Group Fitness Instructor or Personal Trainer:
Connect with me if you would like more information on attending a Powder Blue Productions Instructor Training, Joining my Coaching Team or if you have any other questions. I would LOVE to help you make your PASSION for Fitness a Full Time Career!!!
Cheers to your Fitness Career, I know you will ROCK IT!!
As a Presenter for Powder Blue Productions: (creators of Turbo Kick, PiYo & Hip Hop Hustle) sometimes I want to pinch myself….is this really MY JOB?? Cuz it is the Coolest!! On Saturday October 23rd I brought Turbo Kick to a whole NEW group of Instructors and Students who wanted to LEARN HOW TO TEACH this Amazing Workout!! With over 38 people at this HIGH ENERGY PUMPIN Event, we had a BLAST!!! Sweating, Learning, Inspiring and Do-ing MORE! Check it out!
Inspired to attend? Next Training is November 13th in Springfield IL – Join Me for an Unforgettable Day!!