10 REASONS WHY GROUP FITNESS INSTRUCTORS BENEFIT FROM JOINING BEACHBODY as a COACH
Before I start…please know that I have been a Group Fitness Instructor for 17 years, a Presenter for Powder Blue Productions for 7 years, a Beachbody Coach for 4 years and have held every role in the Fitness Industry at some point!!! If you are a Group Fitness Instructor, Personal Trainer or are thinking about becoming one…READ THIS:
1. Instructors LOVE FITNESS: Fitness Professionals do what they do because it’s their PASSION!!!! WE LOVE it and most of us are not in it for the money, but simply because it makes us feel GREAT!!
Coaching is a natural extension of what you already do – just like teaching classes with Beachbody you are running small “Challenge Groups” but all ONLINE!
2. Instructors WORK FOR FREE: Ahhh did I just say that?!!! YES I did!! Let’s be honest….by the time you buy the shoes, the clothes, the music, choreography, instructor trainings, ceu’s (I could keep going) its a wash…right? Now you might be the exception to this rule but for most of us, this is the case. BUT..you know what…WHO CARES!!!! WE LOVE TEACHING and most of us would DO IT FOR FREE!!!! But just because you would doesn’t mean you HAVE TO!!
Coaching allows you to still teach classes but build an additional income in fitness doing exactly what you love!! Better yet, this business is built ONLINE which means physically you are giving your body a break 🙂 And again let’s be honest…when you are over teaching too many classes you start to go through burn out…teach just the classes you love and give them 100%!!!
3. Instructors already HAVE A NETWORK: As an Instructor, you are a Motivator! A Leader! You are on “a stage” every single class inspiring people to get healthy & fit! Your “posse” already wants to know what you eat, what you do for your workouts and if you have tips for them to lose the final weight. Does this sound familiar?
Coaching is your OWN Fitness Business…and with any business you have to start with CUSTOMERS. In this instance, customers who are interested in losing weight, improving their health/fitness, energy, digestion etc. YOU are surrounded by people who already LOOK TO YOU as a ROLE MODEL for fitness and TRUST your OPINION> Sounds like a great starting foundation to me!
4. Get in the BEST SHAPE of YOUR Life: Let’s be frank again…as Instructors we tend to put all our focus on our students. Again maybe this isn’t you….but most of us tend to put our workouts on the back burner because we are teaching so many classes, have injuries or simply burn out. We are so focused on helping our students that we start to forget about ourselves….even if it is the last 5-10 lbs
Beachbody will get you in the BEST SHAPE of your Life at any age!!! #1 Shakeology will change your life (I’ve personally lost 20lbs after struggling 4ever) You are OVERTRAINING and your body is DEPLETED…simply put, Shakeology will fuel your body properly and you will naturally eat less, gain energy, drop the detoxed junk out of your system and CURB your cravings of CARBS/SUGARS (bcz you are depleted!!!) #2 This will be your Business and you will want to be a walking billboard of a Success Story!!! Coaching will FORCE you to put YOU FIRST and gain your BEST YOU BACK with the BEST Workouts and Supplements in Fitness (at discount not to mention)
5. Let’s HELP MORE PEOPLE: We are driven by helping people!! Right now you are making a positive impact on the people that you are coming in direct contact with…in your classes / bootcamps / training sessions…that is a SMALL NUMBER of people! How can you help MORE people?
Coaching allows you to help ANYONE ANYWHERE!! Because this is an online business, you can run Challenge Groups with your Facebook Friends that live in another state (for example). People that are inspired by you, want to take class with you but simply don’t live near you 🙂
6. Help People FIND THE MISSING LINK: I’m a firm believer that to truly SEE RESULTS you must include all aspects of Fitness: Working Out (Cardio & Strenth), Eating Clean (Supplements as well) and Accountability!! Think about why MOST PEOPLE are working out and still NOT losing weight….WHY the people you see in class every week still look the same but want to change….
Coaching will allow you to simply help people find the MISSING LINK for them to TRULY SEE RESULTS!!! Are they working out but not eating right? Are they doing cardio but no resistance training? Is their diet so terrible they are tired, sluggish and don’t even know where to start? You may be giving TIPS right now, but imagine having REAL TOOLS to truly be able to help them…tools they can gain through you!
7. Instructors can get CERTIFIED TO TEACH P90X & Coming Soon – Insanity & Brazil Butt Lift!!! YES you heard that right, Beachbody is expanding their Group Fitness Formats! This means these formats will be open for certification to teach in the gym setting!! With P90X and Insanity literally airing 3 x a day, you have BRAND RECOGNITION!! OPPORTUNITY to REACH MORE PEOPLE
If you are going to get certified to teach these formats, why wouldn’t you be a Coach???
8. Instructors DESERVE TO SAVE $$: As a Coach you will get a 25% discount on all products – Workouts, Shakeology & Nutritional Supplements (you are probably paying full price for some of this now at your nutritional store)
9. Instructors dream of OPENING their OWN BUSINESS: Disclaimer – again maybe this isn’t you…but after working with thousands of Fitness Professionals over the years, most of them will say their #1 Goal is to open a Studio/Gym!!
HELLO I KNOW Because this was ME!!!! but not anymore…
Coaching allows you to have your own business WITHOUT the RISK of starting your own from the ground up…no loan from the bank…no leaving your full time job…no debt going into opening this and definitely not the normal 2 years to pay yourself back! Its a Business “in a box”, think of it as a “franchise” (even though its NOT) You receive everything you need to KNOW and LEARN to be successful without the GUESSWORK…including the BRAND NAMES of P90X, Insanity, Turbo Fire & More!
10. Instructors can make a FULL TIME INCOME doing what they LOVE: Most instructors work full time and teach classes on the side for fun. Not really looking it as a “job”. But WHAT IF you could do WHAT YOU LOVE and build a full time income??
Beachbody is a $600 MILLION COMPANY!!! The Coaching Business is a lucrative opportunity for those that are looking to go BIG…
check out the FACTS:
AVERAGE ANNUAL INCOMES WORKING IN FITNESS: ACE 2010 SALARIES
Group Fitness Instructor $32,000
Personal Trainer $42,000
Fitness Director $41,000
Beachbody Coaches: BASED ON RANK
Most Coaches work 10 hours a week***
2009 – Beachbody
Coach Rank Average Annual Income
Emerald Rank $2751.00
Ruby Rank $9094.00
Diamond $21,966.00 (approx $400/week)
STAR DIAMOND $164,166 – $930,000!!
So there you have it…10 REASONS why you should at least LOOK INTO aligning with Beachbody, how it can benefit your career and your future!!! Watch the video below if you would like to see more.
Email me at www.kristinasullins.com if you have questions or would like to JOIN MY TEAM!!! I would love to help you GET STARTED on this AMAZING PATH!!!
**Beachbody does not guarantee any level of success or income from the Team Beachbody Coach Opportunity. Each Coach’s income depends on his or her own efforts, diligence, and skill. See our Statement of Independent Coach Earnings located in the Coach Online Office for the most recent information on our Coaches’ actual incomes.
Once you receive your Brand NEW Turbo Kick Round in the mail, where do you event START to begin to learn the choreography? This is one of the questions Turbo Kick Instructors ask me daily!!! Well…I believe it is different for everyone and you have to find YOUR WAY of learning it, but I’m going to share with you HOW I LEARN and MEMORIZE the Round in less than 2 days!!! I just received Round 50 yesterday and I am going to teach it TONIGHT!!! Now remember I have been teaching Turbo Kick for 8 years!!!! So it takes time to learn them this fast….but you will!! BE PERSISTENT!!!
Step 1: Listen to the CD in my car to get familiar with the music! (Remember the music on the dvd is DIFFERENT then the CD due to licensing fees)
Step 2: Watch the PREVIEW SECTION – I have a blank notebook, pen and choreography liner notes in front of me. I just WATCH and WRITE out the CHOREOGRAPHY in my own words…I do NOT do the workout at this point. Writing it out helps you memorize it and makes it easier to learn because you understand your own “terminology”
Step 3: Watch the WORKOUT – I watch the workout section and visually match it up to my notes to make sure I understand what I wrote! I mainly study the BASIC LAYERS (3-4 moves in a song) and write the advanced layers off to the side (If I plan to teach them in later weeks…this is up to you and the level of your class)
Step 4: DO THE WORKOUT!!! So this is usually the next day for me. I’ve had to time to let the choreography sync in my head, now I do the workout straight through from warm – up to finale with the DVD
Step 5: PUT THE CD IN and DO THE CHOREOGRAPHY from my own NOTES!!!! I do one section at a time to memorize it and MATCH it to the music! And I personally learn the TURBO SECTION LAST!!!! It’s usually the hardest part for me to memorize and I dont want it to slow me down, so I learn everything else 1st then go back to it!!!
PRACTICE – PRACTICE – PRACTICE!!!! AT this point, I pretty much know it now I just need to MEMORIZE IT!! So I continue to practice the Chor to the CD, listen to the CD in the car and match the moves and then practice in the mirror without notes right before class!!!!
EXTRA TIPS – Set a GOAL DATE!!!! When I receive the Round I tell myself, I’m teaching this on _______. That holds me accountable to learn it faster!!! Also, keep your notes with you and if you need to look at them, that’s ok!!! We all forget the material the first few times…the main thing is to keep YOUR EYES on you students and have FUN!!!
COMMENT BELOW or MESSAGE ME with any questions!
Interested in becoming a Turbo Kick Instructor? Visit Chalene Johnson’s Website – Powder Blue Productions www.turbokick.com
As a Group Fitness Instructor for 15+ years, a previous Group Fitness Director over multiple facilities for 10 years and a Presenter for Powder Blue Productions for 6 years…I have a load of EXPERIENCE in hiring, training and developing Instructors!! Besides all of my own personal auditions, I’ve trained hundreds of students on how to make the leap from student to instructor and NAIL THE GROUP FITNESS AUDITION!! Here are my TOP TIPS:
1. Do Your Homework- Research the Club you will be auditioning at. Look to see if your favorite format is offered, what other classes on the schedule can you also teach and what classes are you interested to LEARN how to teach. What are the most popular classes on the schedule and why? If your favorite format is NOT on the schedule, be prepared to PRESENT it to the GX Director with Passion!! They may not be familiar with it and you will need send them more info including a website, youtube video etc. They may also be resistant to offering a new format – be ready to show them how it can compliment an existing class…yet still build numbers!
2. What to Bring- Copies of your Primary Group Fitness Certification/ CPR / Additional Trainings, Certifications, Workshops attended (this info may be emailed ahead of time but always have it on you just in case)
3. Dress to Impress- Bring your A GAME!! This is a job interview and you still want to STAND OUT as a Fitness Professional! Wear a zip up jacket that you can remove when you start to workout…followed with your BEST workout attire to teach class in. Think of all the details including shoes, hair & make up (ladies) to polish off your professional look! Greet the Director with a SMILE, EYE CONTACT and a Confident Handshake!! They are looking for PEOPLE FRIENDLY Stand Outs…that’s YOU!! Make a Great First Impression and sometimes thats within the first 11 seconds that someone meets you!!
4. Time to Shine- When it is time to Audition, take the floor and OWN IT!! Show your Passion for teaching in every step that you take! KNOW your material and practice ahead of time. Directors are looking for Confidence, Musicality, Cueing Skills, Energy & Enthusiasm, Knowledge on Form/Technique and Modifications to name a few. You will have less than 5 minutes to put it all together…do your BEST, have FUN and be YOU x 10!! Recognize that there are areas that you may need to work on, be OPEN to feedback and let the GX Director know you are willing to LEARN & TRAIN with them to get better…that goes a long way!
5. Be Flexible – You may want the prime time FAV CLASS at 6pm on Monday Nights but instead the only classes that are available are friday nights and early mornings…everyone starts in the same place and in the beginning you need to take what you can get and just GET IN! Let the Director know you are free to sub, interested in learning more formats and open to new time slots as they become available. THINK – How can I help? If you show flexibility in your schedule and a willingness to learn, you will be considered even if you are NEW! Share your Passion and communicate you’re willing to do what it takes to improve your skills….that’s how you get your foot in the door!
Overall be YOU!! Make a Great First Impression and EXUDE Passion for what you love – teaching!!!
Good Luck!! Let me know if you have any questions!
After you have attended a full day Turbo Kick Instructor Training, now what? It’s Time to LEARN THE CHOREOGRAPHY and Jump Start your potential to start teaching this format!
Here are My Top 3 Tips!!
Message Me if you have further questions ~
Hope this helps!!